FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Zippy Spaghetti Sauce
A full day in the slow cooker invites herbs and spices to sink into lean ground meat and chunky vegetables. The fragrance alone could satisfy a hungry family, but the flavor will draw them back for more.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (15oz. each) tomato sauce
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup(s) dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-quart. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, wine or broth, olives, parsley, oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with spaghetti.