FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Zucchini Patties Topped with Classico® Tomato and Basil Premium Pasta Sauce
Zucchini is such a healthy vegetable that you should always look for ways to include it in your menus. In this simple recipe, zucchini becomes a succulent, crispy patty dressed up with Classico® Tomato and Basil Premium Pasta Sauce.
- 2 cup(s) grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) diced red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) Classico® Tomato and Basil Premium Pasta Sauce, warmed over low heat.
- Toss zucchini with 2 teaspoons of salt and put in large colander or strainer over a bowl to drain for about 20 minutes. Rinse off salt and pat zucchini to dry very well with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, bell pepper, flour, cornmeal, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly and salt to taste.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve 2 or 3 patties topped with pasta sauce.