Do-it-Yourself Summer Desserts
Everyone loves to be creative so why not help your guests to design their own desserts? Your guests can have fun garnishing, giving you time to relax.
Sundae bars are great. Just put out the ice cream, toppings and whipped cream and watch the fun begin.
- Buy neopolitan ice cream to get three flavor varieties in one. Your guests will be able to mix and match
- Take a roasting pan or tub and fill it with the items that need to be chilled. Fill ice in around them. Be sure to chilled whipped cream and other toppings that could spoil
- Put out a variety of sauces and toppings including: chocolate and strawberry sauces and chocolate chips
- Be sure to include lots of fresh summer fruit. Fruit is a great topper and will let any weight-conscious guests have something to indulge in if they don’t want ice cream
Why stop at strawberry? Shortcake can be made so many ways.
- Pick up a variety pack of Artisan Fresh™ Gourmet Loaf Cakes for the base, which will include iced lemon, raspberry swirl and chocolate marble flavored cake slices
- Serve a variety of fruits and berries including: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, peaches, nectarines and cherries
- Layer with whipped cream or ice cream. Be sure to keep these perishable items on ice in hot weather
Serving cheesecakes with a variety of toppings is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
- Start with a basic plain cheesecake
- Put out pieces of chopped candy bars, candy-coated chocolate pieces, fresh and dried fruit
- Top with chocolate sauce, fruit sauces and whipped cream