Prep and Storage
Learning which ingredients to cook and store for future use suits a smart budget and a tight schedule.
- Storing meal ingredients in the freezer can save time and money. When cooking or preparing the following items, cook extra and store them in your freezer for fast and easy meal prep.
- Diced oven-roasted chicken
- Cooked, ground beef and onions
- Cooked beans (black beans, pinto beans, white beans
- Sliced peppers and onions for pasta, fajitas, burritos, pizza, etc.
- Diced fruit for smoothies or berries for sauce
- For even more efficient meal prep, consider pre-seasoning meats, beans and veggies for specific recipes.
- Consider a FoodSaver V3820 Vacuum Sealing System to prevent freezer burn and provide an airtight environment that keeps food fresh up to 5 times longer than traditional storage techniques