BENTONVILLE, ARK., (July 19, 2012) –With the average tuition at a four-year university expected to increase 8.3 percent between 2011 and 2012*, every dollar counts when shopping for college essentials. Beyond the expense of books and technology, everyday dorm-life needs add up without planning ahead. As students and their families prepare for college in the fall, Sam’s Club offers smart semester-long savings on dorm room necessities, without sacrificing that hard-earned college fund.
“Stocking up on essentials that last three to eight months, such as laundry goods, apparel basics and snacks, helps to stretch a college student’s budget. Sam’s Club provides the pack-size and brand-named assortment to fulfill every families’ back-to-college shopping needs,” explained Charles Redfield, executive vice president of merchandise for Sam’s Club.“With college students and their families spending an average of $450 a week in tuition, housing, books and fees, they literally cannot afford to be casual with their spending.”
How Stocking Up Saves
Unlike other retailers, Sam’s Club offers larger quantities of items for less that are core for college routines: work and study, snacks, health, apparel, and keeping clean. Rather than buying only a month’s worth of everyday needs like shampoo and printer ink, Sam’s Club makes it easy to shop for the whole semester, for less. A math major is not required to realize smart savings including:
- Tide Laundry Detergent 100 oz., 2 pack - $22.98**
- HP 564XL Black Inkjet Cartridge, 3 pack (more than twice the ink for $20 less than retail) - $59.98
- Crest Complete Toothpaste, 4 pack - $10.88
- Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup, 36 pack - $6.92
- Kraft Easy Mac Cups, 8 pack - $6.48
- Nestle Bottled Spring Water, 24 pack - $5.98
- BIC Assorted Writing Utensils, 40 count - $4.98
- White Writing Pads, 12 pack - $5.46
Let Sam’s Club Shop for You
If the transition has families short on time, Sam’s Club can actually shop for them. By submitting an online or mobile “Click ‘n’ Pull” order by 5 p.m., Sam’s Club can have a Back-to-Class checklist ready for pick up at the member’s local club at 7 a.m. the next day. Members can also get students campus-ready with shoppable videos that speak to highlighted items’ sustainable, long-lasting features at SamsClub.com/backtoclass.
“Care Packages” for College, Cool “Bundles”
SamsClub.com has engineered smart tech bundles and five under-$100 care packages to make a student’s (and parents’) transition to college life a breeze. Members can visit SamsClub.com, the mobile app, iPad app or Facebook to show they care with pre-bundled supplies, essential cleaning kits or snack packs at a price every family can celebrate:
- Back-to-Class Supplies Bundle (includes Vizio Tablet) - $248.88
- Keep it Clean Care Package - $69.88
- Snacks Care Package - $79.88
- HP 27” Desktop Computer Bundle - $899
- Room Organization Kit, 8 pieces - $46.34
- Men’s Personal Care Package - $67.28
- Women’s Personal Care Package - $83.67
Moms can show they care at Facebook.com/SamsClub, too, by sharing Back-to-Class saving tips, advice and campus-ready experiences for other parents and students.
Non Members Can Shop Back-to-Class Open House
All students and parents seeking extra credit for smart savings can shop SamsClub.com or visit a Sam’s Club location*** Aug. 3 through Aug. 5 to enjoy the same Straight-A savings members receive every day – with no upcharge. New members will receive a $10 or $20 gift card upon sign-up. Get the scoop on top back-to-class items for organizing, studying, eating, sleeping…and playing, including:
- HP Envy 6GB Notebook with Beats Headphones Bundle - $799
- Seyer 6 Cube Room Organizer - $109.98
- Multicolor Lapdesk with Wrist Pad - $19.98
- iHome Alarm Clock - $49.87
- Keurig Signature Single-serve Brewing System - $129.98
- GE Compact Fridge (3.2 cu ft) - $99.98
- $100 Apple iTunes Multipack - $84.64 with $10 instant savings
- Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect Bundle - $298.88
24/7 Free Tech Support
Thanks to Sam’s Club Tech Experts, students will not stress over laptop, TV or digital music player set-up and maintenance. When Sam’s Club members dial 1-877-758-4346, they receive free assistance for any television, home theater, digital music player, camera/camcorder or computer purchased at Sam’s Club. With expert tech support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Sam’s Club Tech Experts are available even when pizza delivery is not.
For students seeking savings, Sam’s Club offers a Collegiate Membership for $40 which includes a $15 gift card upon sign-up, plus an extra card for a lucky roommate or hallmate. Students must show valid student identification or an email with an “.edu” suffix to qualify. For more information on A+ savings and services at Sam’s Club, visit SamsClub.com/backtoclass.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is the nation’s eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products and services to more than 47 million members in clubs across the U.S., as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico. Members save an average of 34 percent over traditional retailers. To learn more about Savings Made Simple®, visit SamsClub.com, and look for Sam’s Club on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and our Mobile and iPad® Apps.