BENTONVILLE, ARK., April 23, 2012 – Sam’s Club welcomes the public to a three-day spring Open House to show more than 600 U.S. communities why life is better in the Club. From Friday, April 26 to Sunday, April 28, members and non-members* can access extraordinary savings on the newest items for spring and summer entertaining.
The Sam’s Club three-day spring Open House allows shoppers to taste dozens of complimentary warm weather food and beverage items before they buy, while browsing luxurious patio sets with weatherproof Sunbrella upholstery, hybrid grills for the multi-medium BBQ chef and accessories for outdoor living from gazebos and pop-up gardens to pool floats and play sets.
“One of the most popular benefits of a Sam’s Club membership is indulging in complimentary samples at our Tastes ‘n’ Tips demo booths,” said Shawn Baldwin, senior vice president of fresh/freezer/cooler and demos at Sam’s Club. “As spring and summer weather finally arrive, the clubs will be bustling with flavorful samples of warm weather recipes, refreshing drinks, amazing seasonal produce and premium quality meats for grilling.”
Sam’s Club presents a fe[a]stival of summer-inspired food and beverage samples from 11a.m. to 6 p.m. each day of the Open House weekend, including but not limited to:
- Patriotic Pound Cake with assorted fresh berries
- Assorted gourmet cheeses including smoked gouda, gruyere and Jarlsburg
- Fresh Enchilada Bake with Brisket and Salsa
- Grilled Steak Salad with Wish-bone® Dressing
- Applewood Smoked Pork Chops
- Garlic and Herb Chicken with Just Add Juice™ Seasoning
- Artichoke Spinach Dip with Pita Chips
- Italian Deli Pasta Salad with Daily Chef Rotini and Castle Wood® Sliced Salami
- Pre-marinated Honey BBQ Pork Tenderloin
- Olive Garden Steak with Olive Garden® Italian Dressing
- Fruity Lemonade Cooler with Country Time® Lemonade and fresh watermelon
Several food pairings are sourced from recipes in Fresh, Fast & Fabulous (Version Three), an exclusive Sam’s Club cookbook provided to Open House guests while supplies last. A digital version of the cookbook with inspiring recipes, cooking tips and brilliant photography is also available for complimentary download at SamsClub.com/meals.
Tastes ‘n’ Tips samples have inspired loyal members’ cooking ideas for several years. Kim Wallace, a Canton, OH Sam’s Club member for 25-years and Field Editor for Taste of Home magazine, says the samples introduce new meal ideas into her weekly rotation: “Feeding a family of five, I’m constantly experimenting and looking for new recipes the family will enjoy,” said Wallace. “I love sampling fresh meat items at Sam’s Club including all of the chicken dishes. In turn I’ve made new meals I hadn’t tried before like Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and Chicken Chimichangas. It’s fabulous to create new meals the family loves and...saving by purchasing the items in bulk.”
“One in three members purchases a grocery product on the same day they’ve tasted it,” added Baldwin. “We are excited to welcome the communities we serve to indulge in Tastes ‘n’ Tips and see firsthand how Sam’s Club prepares members for outdoor fun and entertaining.”
RECIPE: Montreal Salmon Rub
Looking to infuse flavor with a new marinade? Try this quick, simply delicious Montreal Salmon Rub recipe:
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp. McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 ½ tsp dill weed
- 2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- Mix steak seasoning, lemon peel and dill weed in small bowl. Rub mixture over salmon. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Grill salmon over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not turn salmon.
For information about Sam’s Club U.S. locations, visit SamsClub.com/clublocator.
* Non-members will be directed to the Member Services desk upon entrance to receive a temporary membership pass that allows them to shop with no fees during this three-day event.
**Based on estimated annualized savings on items Members purchased in select categories derived from a survey conducted in 30 U.S. markets between 1/2/2012 and 1/27/2012 comparing our regular unit prices to regular and shelf-visible sale and loyalty discount unit prices of selected non-Club competitors, including, but not limited to, grocery stores and mass retailers, but excluding Walmart®.