FALL RIVER, Mass., Oct. 21 – Sam’s Club will open its new Fall Riverclub on Thursday, Oct. 24, at 941 Grinnell St., providing members with numerous services and incredible savings on quality merchandise. It will be the third Sam’s Club in Massachusetts, joining locations in Worcester and Seekonk.
The new Sam’s Club features a shopper-friendly interior layout and measures approximately 136,000 square feet. It is also adding approximately 135 new jobs to the community, and Sam’s Club is celebrating the Grand Opening by contributing $25,000 to local non-profit organizations.
“We are excited to be opening in this great community and look forward to showing off all the great merchandise and value we are bringing to Fall River,” Sam’s Club Manager Rachel Dufault said. “We look forward to building lasting and long-term relationships in this community.”
The Fall River Sam’s Club will open following an 8 a.m. Grand Opening ceremony on Thursday.
New club invests in community
The new club’s opening will be a homecoming for Dufault, who is a native of Fall River. Dufault began her career with Sam’s Club 13 years ago.
“Having grown up in this community, I am thrilled to be back in Fall River with Sam’s Club,” Dufault said. “I’m excited about what this club will offer the community, not only in savings on great merchandise, but in career opportunities and economic development.
“When I began my career at Sam’s Club, I never dreamed I’d build this type of career for myself. As I’ve grown with the company and learned about the culture, I’ve learned that the sky is the limit for what you can accomplish in your career at Sam’s Club.”
Dufault said she is especially excited about the Sam’s Club faithfulness to Fall River. Sam’s Club has a longstanding commitment to give back to the communities it serves, and the new Fall River club is no different. Associates from the new club have selected several local organizations to receive $25,000 in grants from the Walmart Foundation. A few of the recipients include:
- AKA New Bedford
- B.M.C. Durfee High School of Fall River
- Citizens for Citizens, Inc.
- Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Fall River Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Fall River Fire Department
- Greater Fall River Re-creation
- Greater Fall River Partners for a Healthier Community
- Seven Hills Behavioral Health
- Steppingstone Incorporated
- Boys and Girls Club
- Fall River Police
- We Love the Children Fund
Exciting products, new pharmacy among amenities
The new Fall River Sam’s Club benefits a wide range of shoppers seeking quality, selection and value. Sports fans will immediately notice the vast electronics department featuring the biggest and best in high-definition televisions. Busy parents and those who love to cook will find an expansive array of everyday needs including fresh produce, quality meats and home meal solutions, while office supplies, vending machine snacks and paper goods prepare small business members for success. Additional benefits for small business owners include early shopping hours, personal shopping through Click ‘n’ Pull®, truck load savings, and access to quality items most often used by foodservice businesses, restaurant owners and caterers.
The Fall River club will also have a full-service pharmacy where members and the public can take advantage of great savings on medications they use every day.
The Sam’s Club pharmacy is opento members and the public,featuring $4 and $10 generic prescriptions and extraordinary savings on branded prescriptions. Additionally, Sam’s Club offers an optical department, free monthly health screenings and Healthy Living Made Simple magazine to help members take charge of their health through preventative measures.
The new club will also debut a Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center, offering premium technology in hearing aid and personal listening devices alongside the care of a certified audiologist.
Special offers to be available for Grand Opening
As a part of the Grand Opening, Sam’s Club will offer special savingson a number of outstanding items Thursday, Oct. 24, including*:
- A VIZIO 60-inch class SMART LED HDTV for $888.
- $80 off a Dell 15.6-inch Notebook.
- A Magnavox 32-inch class LED HDTV for $219.88.
- $30 off a Fujifilm XP60 bundle that includes an SD card and camera case.
- Fresh beef ribeye steak for $7.98 per pound.
- Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing – two-pack for $6.98.
- Live lobsters steamed to order for $3.99 per pound.
- Local Item: Poblano Farm Salsa – choose any three for $11.54.
Sam's Club membership is an investment that more than pays for itself. Whether buying for a household or a business, a Sam's Club Membership offers exclusive savings on merchandise and outstanding member benefits. With access to instant savings and early shopping hours, Plus membership offers even more with our premium service options. Sam's Savings memberships and Sam's Business memberships are $45 annually, and Sam's Plus memberships are $100. Special savings for college students and military families are also available. For more information, visit SamsClub.com/membership.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is the nation’s eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products and services to more than 47 million members in clubs across the U.S., as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico. Sam’s Club members averaged savings of 33 percent versus traditional retailers.* To learn more about Savings Made Simple®, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com or through Sam’s Club apps, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.
* Sam’s Club Advertised Merchandise Policy – It is our firm intention to have every advertised item in stock. Occasionally, however, an advertised item may not be available for purchase due to unforeseen difficulties. We reserve the right to limit quantities to normal retail purchases or one-per-member or household, and to exclude resellers. Items and prices are good only at your Fall River Sam’s Club location. We have done our best to ensure all information in this piece is accurate and up-to-date. Errors and omissions occasionally occur and are subject to correction. Pricing and Item availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin, and on SamsClub.com. Pricing good October 24-27, 2013.