BENTONVILLE, ARK., Nov. 18, 2013 – Sam's Club, the nation's eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club, kicked off the holiday season of savings with hundreds of new items and thousands of dollars of members-only savings this month.
"Our members should have access to the best brands and best prices every day. That’s what we’re giving them,” said Charles Redfield, executive vice president of merchandise at Sam’s Club. “Not all members’ holiday shopping routines are the same, but they expect value, quality and excitement from Sam’s Club – whenever, wherever and however they shop. We’re prepared to exceed their expectations.”
Sam’s Club welcomes everyone to experience why holidays are better in the club with four new ways to save:
$4,100 in Instant Savings
Through Nov. 27, Sam’s Club Instant Savings Book provides $4,100 in savings on 100 items in-club and at SamsClub.com to all U.S. members. No need to clip any coupons: Instant Savings are automatically loaded onto each membership card.
Big Bets on Small Packages: Extreme Value Gift Cards
Gift cards are at the top of wish lists with 60 percent of Americans hoping they receive one this Holiday. Sam’s Club recently launched 50 new Extreme Value Gift Cards in clubs and at Samsclub.com that save members up to 20 percent on lifestyle and restaurant gift cards. Participating brands include national and regional restaurant groups, Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door Spa and AMC Movie Theatres.
For Fans of Black Friday: Breakfast, Savings and Smartphone Trade-In
Electing to close clubs on Thanksgiving Day, the Sam’s Club Black Friday Savings Event launches in-club at 7 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29 with breakfast and amazing savings on top-rated smartphones, Smart TVs, video games and consoles, speakers, jewelry, toys and more. SamsClub.com will feature exclusive savings and free shipping on Black Friday items from Thanksgiving Day to Nov. 29 midnight (CST).
Through Black Friday weekend, 495 participating Sam’s Club locations will honor the smartphone trade-in program. Once accepted, the trade-in value of a members’ smartphone can be applied to a new smartphone with a two-year contract. The difference in value will be applied to a Sam’s Club gift card, valid for purchase of any item in the Club.
How to Get in the Club
Non-members who want to take advantage of holiday savings will receive up to a $40 Sam’s Club gift card with in-club purchase of a Sam’s Plus Membership ($100) from Nov. 29 – Dec. 1. Sam’s Plus membership benefits include early shopping hours, invitations to seasonal VIP shopping events and additional savings on fresh grocery items, pharmacy and optical services.
HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS from Sam’s Club, while supplies last.
Instant Savings (Oct. 30 – Nov. 27)
- $20 off Fire Sense Portsmouth Fire Pit (Samsclub.com only)
- $30 off Ninja Mega Kitchen System – juice, blend, knead all in one
- $30 off Philips Norelco SensoTouch Electric Razors – 2D or 3D models
- $100 off Samsung WB800F Digital Camera Bundle, including 8GB SD card and camera case
- $100 off HealthRider H50 Crosswalk SL Treadmill with CrossWalk arms (SamsClub.com only)
- $500 off 8 CT. T.W. Diamond Riviera Necklace – 16” chain, 18K gold, IGI-certified, H-I, S12 (Samsclub.com only)
Brands Members Want: Buy Now in November
- Duck Dynastyand Swamp People Deluxe Action Figure Gift Sets, $24.98
- Kenneth Cole – Women’s Riding Boot, $39.98 – black or brown; sizes 6-10 (in-club only)
- Lalaloopsy – Loopy Hair Doll, $31.88 – includes hair comb and clips
- Hallmark Gift Bags, Gift Wrap and Gift Tag assortment sets, $9.98 ea.
- GodivaChocolatier Gift Set, $14.98
- GoPro® – HERO3 Silver Edition Camera, $229.99 – wearable, waterproof, 1080p HD video camera
Black Friday Deals (Nov. 28 online; Nov. 29 – Dec. 1 in-club)
- Samsung®Galaxy S®4, 96 centswith 2 year contract (in-club only) – AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and U.S. Cellular; Available in black and white; 5" HD Super AMOLED screen; 13MP rear-facing camera; 1.9GHz Processor
- Apple®iPhone®5C, 96 centswith 2 year contract (in-club only) – AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and U.S. Cellular; A6 chip; 8MP iSight camera; 4-inch Retina Display; Availability of model and colors varies by club.
- Vizio55” LED Smart TV, $548
- Brilliant Diamond Stud .95 Carat Earrings, $499 –IGI appraisal value $1,285.
- Apple® iTunes®$100 Gift Card Multipack, $79.88
- Dyson® – DC25 Animal Total Clean Vacuum, $299.98
- KitchenAid® Professional Heavy-duty Stand Mixer, $249.98 plus $50 mail-in rebate – available in five colors, including copper and stainless steel
- HP15.6” TouchSmart Notebook (Core i5, 750 GB HD), $499
- 7’ Carson Spruce Quick Set Christmas Trees, $99
- Disney InfinityStarter Pack or Skylanders SWAP Force™ Starter Pack, $37.98/ea.
- Xbox 360®Limited Edition 4GB with Kinect® Bundle, $199.98
- 808 Canz BluetoothSpeakers, $19.98
- $40 Sam’s Club Gift Cardwith purchase of a new Sam’s PLUS membership, in club only, restrictions apply.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Pricing and item availability may vary by location and in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and on SamsClub.com. Black Friday breakfast available while supplies last. The Black Friday Savings Event circular is available for viewing at SamsClub.com/bfsavings and holiday photos and b-roll can be found at Samsclub.com/newsroom “Photos” and "Videos". Free shipping is only available in the continental U.S., excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, on purchases made from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is the nation’s eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products and services to millions of members in 630 clubs across the U.S. Sam’s Club members averaged savings of 33 percent versus traditional retailers.1 To learn more about Savings Made Simple®, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.
1Based on estimated annualized savings on items Members purchased in select categories derived from a survey conducted in 30 U.S. markets between 2/25/2013 and 3/15/2013 comparing our regular unit prices to regular and shelf-visible sale and loyalty discount unit prices of selected non-club competitors, including but not limited to grocery stores and mass retailers but excluding Walmart®. Local savings for individual customers vary. For more information, please send requests to the attention of Sam’s Club Member Services, 2101 SE Simple Savings Drive, Bentonville, AR 72716-0745.
Source: National Retail Federation Survey, October 2013