New Sam’s Club To Generate More Than $1 Million In Sales Tax Revenue For City Of San Angelo
SAM’S CLUB opens 70th Club in the state of Texas; Grand opening activities will include ribbon cutting ceremony with more than $34,000 in charitable contributions.
SAN ANGELO, Texas –January 18, 2006 – Business owners and consumers in the City of San Angelo have all been on pins and needles in anticipation of the opening of an all new SAM’S CLUB, located at 5749 Sherwood Way, which will serve small business owners and general consumers throughout Tom Green County. The Club commemorate this festive occasion with a special ribbon cutting on Thursday, January 26, at 9:30 a.m. Grant recipients, local dignitaries, and enthused small business owners are all expected to join Club associates in the festivities.
“We are in business for small business and businesses in San Angelo will play an integral part in our success,” said Reynaldo Rubio, general manager at the San Angelo SAM’S CLUB. “The quality luxury merchandise and additional benefits we offer help to ensure that small businesses in the San Angelo community continue to thrive for years to come.”
The San Angelo SAM’S CLUB will feature several departments including, Tire and Batteries, Café, floral, jewelry, frozen foods, fresh produce, choice meats and a gasoline station.
SAM’S CLUB provides a range of additional small business services and benefits that help entrepreneurs increase productivity and profitability, including:
- Gold Key hours that reserve the entire Club exclusively for business members to shop before normal operating hours.
- Business services, including payroll, insurance, and retirement planning that simplify administration and financial management tasks.
- Click ‘n’ Pull and Fax ‘n’ Pull is express ordering that allows members to order online at samsclub.com or place their orders via fax. Orders placed by 5 p.m. will be pulled and ready for pickup by 7 a.m. the following day. This added service provides members convenience and is used largely by business members as a time savings benefit.
Becoming a Vital Member of the Community
The new SAM’S CLUB location is expected to generate additional sales tax revenue for the City of San Angelo. Additionally, through its charitable giving initiative, the company is committed to making a positive impact on the communities it serves. During the ribbon cutting ceremony, Club associates will contribute more than $34,000 to area non-profit organizations through the company’s Good.Works. community involvement program.
San Angelo Good Works Grant Recipients
- United Way of the Concho Valley, Inc
- San Angelo Stock Show & Rodeo Assn.
- City of San Angelo Police Department
- City of San Angelo Fire Department
- Shannon Medical Center
- West Texas Rehabilitation Center
- San Angelo Chamber of Commerce
- City of San Angelo Police Department
- Tom Green County Adult Literacy Council
- Healthy Families San Angelo
- Concho Boxing Club Fighting Armadillos
- American Heart Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- American Red Cross
- Concho Valley Rape Crisis Center
- Adult Daycare of San Angelo
- Hospice of San Angelo
- City of San Angelo "Keep San Angelo Beautiful"
- American Cancer Society
- Boys & Girls Club of San Angelo, Inc
- West Texas Boys Ranch
- Hope House
- Concho Valley Regional Food Bank
- Habitat for Humanity - San Angelo
- San Angelo Girls Fast Pitch Assoc.
Join the Treasure Hunt
In addition to being a partner for America’s entrepreneurs, SAM’S CLUB offers a treasure hunt shopping experience complete with an extensive inventory of more than 4,000 affordable luxury merchandise including house wares, food, electronics and quality jewelry pieces—featuring brand names such as Godiva, Sony, Waterford and Tag.
Regular Club hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Gold Key Hours for business members are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
SAM’S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation’s largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM’S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 47 million entrepreneurs and consumers.
# # #