New Sam’s Club To Generate More Than $1 Million In Sales Tax Revenue For City Of Owensboro
Grand opening activities will include ribbon cutting ceremony with more than $34,000 in charitable contributions.
OWENSBORO, Ky. –January 26, 2006 – The “city of festivals” has been on pins and needles in anticipation of the opening of an all new SAM’S CLUB, located at 5420 Frederica St., which will serve small business owners and general consumers throughout Owensboro-Daviess County. The Club will also commemorate this festive occasion with a special ribbon cutting this Thursday, January 26, at 10:00 a.m. Grant recipients, local dignitaries, and enthused small business owners are all expected to join the more than 150 associates out of a pool of 1,400 who applied for various positions at the facility.
“We are in business for small business and businesses in Owensboro will play an integral part in our success,” said Brent Sorrells, general manager at the Owensboro SAM’S CLUB. “The quality luxury merchandise and additional benefits we offer help to ensure that small businesses in the Owensboro community continue to thrive for years to come.”
The Owensboro SAM’S CLUB will feature several departments including meat and deli, produce, floral, jewelry, Tire and Batteries, café and a gasoline station.
SAM’S CLUB provides a range of additional small business services and benefits that help entrepreneurs increase productivity and profitability, including:
- Gold Key hours that reserve the entire Club exclusively for business members to shop before normal operating hours.
- Business services, including payroll, insurance, and retirement planning that simplify administration and financial management tasks.
- Click ‘n’ Pull and Fax ‘n’ Pull is express ordering that allows members to order online at samsclub.com or place their orders via fax. Orders placed by 5 p.m. will be pulled and ready for pickup by 7 a.m. the following day. This added service provides members convenience and is used largely by business members as a time savings benefit.
Becoming a Vital Member of the Community
The new SAM’S CLUB location is expected to generate additional sales tax revenue for the City of Owensboro. Additionally, through its charitable giving initiative, the company is committed to making a positive impact on the communities it serves. During the ribbon cutting ceremony, Club associates will contribute more than $34,000 to area non-profit organizations through the company’s Good.Works. community involvement program.
Owensboro Good Works Grant Recipients
- United Way of the Ohio Valley
- Goodfellows Club of Owensboro
- Volunteer Center of Owensboro
- Junior Achievement of Owensboro
- International Bluegrass Music Museum
- Grandmas Corner Crisis Daycare
- Dream Factory of Owensboro
- Cliff Hagan Boys & Girls Club
- Owensboro Rotary Club Foundation
- St. Josephs Peace Mission for Children
- Hospice & Palliative Care of the Ohio Valley, Inc
- RiverPark Center, Inc
- Daviess County Sheriffs Department
- Veterans of Foreign Wars-Post 696
- Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
Join the Treasure Hunt
In addition to being a partner for America’s entrepreneurs, SAM’S CLUB offers a treasure hunt shopping experience complete with an extensive inventory of more than 4,000 affordable luxury merchandise including house wares, food, electronics and quality jewelry pieces—featuring brand names such as Godiva, Sony, Waterford and Tag.
Regular Club hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Gold Key Hours for business members are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
SAM’S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation’s largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM’S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 47 million entrepreneurs and consumers.
# # #