New Sam’s Club To Generate More Than $1 Million In Sales Tax Revenue For City Of Grand Blanc
Grand opening activities will include ribbon cutting ceremony with more than $34,000 in charitable contributions.
Grand Blanc, Mich.–January 26, 2006 –Entrepreneurs in the greater Flint area have been on pins and needles in anticipation of the opening of an all new SAM’S CLUB, located at 6160 S. Saginaw St., which will serve small business owners throughout Genesee County. The Club commemorate this festive occasion with a special ribbon cutting this Thursday, January 26, at 9:30 a.m. Grant recipients, local dignitaries, and enthused small business owners are all expected to join the more than 200 associates out of a pool of 4,000 who applied for various positions at the facility.
“We are in business for small business and businesses in Grand Blanc will play an integral part in our success,” said Jeff Schrimsher, general manager at the Grand Blanc SAM’S CLUB. “The quality luxury merchandise and additional benefits we offer help to ensure that small businesses in the community continue to thrive for years to come.”
The Grand Blanc SAM’S CLUB will feature several departments including, Tire and Batteries, Café, 1 Hour Photo, wireless connection center, bakery, optical, pharmacy, floral, jewelry, frozen foods, fresh produce, choice meats and a gasoline station.
SAM’S CLUB provides a range of additional small business services and benefits that help entrepreneurs increase productivity and profitability, including:
- Gold Key hours that reserve the entire Club exclusively for business members to shop before normal operating hours.
- Business services, including payroll, insurance, and retirement planning that simplify administration and financial management tasks.
- Click ‘n’ Pull and Fax ‘n’ Pull is express ordering that allows members to order online at samsclub.com or place their orders via fax. Orders placed by 5 p.m. will be pulled and ready for pickup by 7 a.m. the following day. This added service provides members convenience and is used largely by business members as a time savings benefit.
Becoming a Vital Member of the Community
The new SAM’S CLUB location is expected to generate additional sales tax revenue for the City of Grand Blanc. Additionally, through its charitable giving initiative, the company is committed to making a positive impact on the communities it serves. During the ribbon cutting ceremony, Club associates will contribute more than $34,000 to area non-profit organizations through the company’s Good.Works. community involvement program.
Grand Blanc Good Works Grant Recipients
- United Way of Genesee County
- Grand Blanc Township Fire Department
- Grand Blanc Township Parks and Recreation
- Grand Blanc Township Police Department
- Grand Blanc Vision 2020
- American Cancer Society
- Hurley Foundation - Childrens Wish Fund
- Imlay City Historical Commission
- YWCA of Flint
- American Diabetes Association
- Flint Institute of Arts
- Alzheimers Association
- City of Burton Fire Department Rescue Squad
- Lindon Police Department
- Davison Fire Department
- Goodrich High School
- Grand Blanc First Baptist Church
- Autism Support Group of Genesee County
- Holly Area Youth Assistance
- Fenton Area Resources & Referral Network
- Grand Blanc Schools "Fish Program"
- Mott Community College
- Davison Area Chamber of Commerce
- VFW-Post 822
- Grand Blanc Chamber of Commerce
- City of Grand Blanc Police Department
- City of Burton Police Department
- McFarlen Public Library
Join the Treasure Hunt
In addition to being a partner for America’s entrepreneurs, SAM’S CLUB offers a treasure hunt shopping experience complete with an extensive inventory of more than 4,000 affordable luxury merchandise including house wares, food, electronics and quality jewelry pieces—featuring brand names such as Godiva, Sony, Waterford and Tag.
Regular Club hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Gold Key Hours for business members are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
SAM’S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation’s largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM’S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 47 million entrepreneurs and consumers.
# # #