New Sam’s Club To Generate More Than $1 Million In Sales Tax Revenue For City Of Columbus
Grand opening activities will include ribbon cutting ceremony with more than $34,000 in charitable contributions.
Columbus, Ind.–January 26, 2006 –Entrepreneurs throughout the City of Columbus have been on pins and needles in anticipation of the opening of an all new SAM’S CLUB, located at 2715 Merchants Mile, which will serve small business owners and general consumers throughout Bartholomew County. The Club will commemorate the occasion with a special ribbon cutting this Thursday, January 26, at 9:30 a.m. Grant recipients, local dignitaries, and enthused small business owners are all expected to join Club associates, small business owners and local dignitaries in the festivities.
“We are in business for small business and businesses in Columbus will play an integral part in our success,” said Russell Lewis, general manager at the Columbus SAM’S CLUB. “The quality luxury merchandise and additional benefits we offer help to ensure that small businesses in the community continue to thrive for years to come.”
The Columbus SAM’S CLUB will feature several departments including, Tire and Batteries, Café, 1 Hour Photo, rotisserie, bakery, optical, pharmacy, floral, jewelry, frozen foods, fresh produce, choice meats, car wash and gasoline station.
SAM’S CLUB provides a range of additional small business services and benefits that help entrepreneurs increase productivity and profitability, including:
- Gold Key hours that reserve the entire Club exclusively for business members to shop before normal operating hours.
- Business services, including payroll, insurance, and retirement planning that simplify administration and financial management tasks.
- Click ‘n’ Pull and Fax ‘n’ Pull is express ordering that allows members to order online at samsclub.com or place their orders via fax. Orders placed by 5 p.m. will be pulled and ready for pickup by 7 a.m. the following day. This added service provides members convenience and is used largely by business members as a time savings benefit.
Becoming a Vital Member of the Community
The new SAM’S CLUB location is expected to generate additional sales tax revenue for the City of Columbus. Additionally, through its charitable giving initiative, the company is committed to making a positive impact on the communities it serves. During the ribbon cutting ceremony, Club associates will contribute more than $34,000 to area non-profit organizations through the company’s Good.Works. community involvement program.
Columbus Good Works Grant Recipients
- United Way of Bartholomew County
- Foundation for Youth of Bartholomew County
- Bartholomew County Retirement Foundation
- Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center
- Hoosier Council Boy Scout Council
- Columbus Area Arts Council
- American Cancer Society
- Stone Belt ARC
- American Red Cross-Bartholomew-Brown County Chapter
- Salvation Army of Columbus
- Kidscommons Columbus Community Childrens Museum
- Senior Citizens Community Center
- Heritage of Hope, Inc.
- Human Services, Inc
- Heritage Fund of Bartholomew County
- Youth Hope, Inc.
- Columbus Scottish Festival
- American Heart Association
- Sans Souci, Inc.
- Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce
- Columbus Youth Police Activities League, Inc
- City of Columbus Fire Department
- Columbus Learning Center Management Corporation
Join the Treasure Hunt
In addition to being a partner for America’s entrepreneurs, SAM’S CLUB offers a treasure hunt shopping experience complete with an extensive inventory of more than 4,000 affordable luxury merchandise including house wares, food, electronics and quality jewelry pieces—featuring brand names such as Godiva, Sony, Waterford and Tag.
Regular Club hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Gold Key Hours for business members are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
SAM’S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation’s largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM’S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 47 million entrepreneurs and consumers.
# # #