New Sam’s Club To Generate More Than $1 Million In Sales Tax Revenue For City Of Bowling Green
Grand opening activities will include ribbon cutting ceremony with more than $34,000 in charitable contributions.
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. –January 18, 2006 – The City of Bowling Green has been on pins and needles in anticipation of the opening of an all new SAM’S CLUB, located at 3200 Ken Bale Blvd., which will serve small business owners and general consumers throughout Warren County. The Club will commemorate this occasion with a special ribbon cutting on Thursday, January 26, at 9:30 a.m. Grant recipients, local dignitaries, and enthused small business owners are all expected to join Club associates in the festivities.
“We are in business for small business and businesses in Bowling Green will play an integral part in our success,” said Cindy Kitchen, general manager at the Bowling Green SAM’S CLUB. “The quality luxury merchandise and additional benefits we offer help to ensure that small businesses in the Bowling Green community continue to thrive for years to come.”
The Bowling Green SAM’S CLUB will feature several departments including, Tire and Batteries, Café, floral, rotisserie, jewelry, frozen foods, fresh produce, choice meats and a gasoline station.
SAM’S CLUB provides a range of additional small business services and benefits that help entrepreneurs increase productivity and profitability, including:
- Gold Key hours that reserve the entire Club exclusively for business members to shop before normal operating hours.
- Business services, including payroll, insurance, and retirement planning that simplify administration and financial management tasks.
- Click ‘n’ Pull and Fax ‘n’ Pull is express ordering that allows members to order online at samsclub.com or place their orders via fax. Orders placed by 5 p.m. will be pulled and ready for pickup by 7 a.m. the following day. This added service provides members convenience and is used largely by business members as a time savings benefit.
Becoming a Vital Member of the Community
The new SAM’S CLUB location is expected to generate additional sales tax revenue for the City of Bowling Green. Additionally, through its charitable giving initiative, the company is committed to making a positive impact on the communities it serves. During the ribbon cutting ceremony, Club associates will contribute more than $34,000 to area non-profit organizations through the company’s Good.Works. community involvement program.
Bowling Green Good Works Grant Recipients
- Barren River Area Safe Place, Inc
- Commonwealth Free Health Clinic
- United Way of Southern Kentucky
- Bowling Green Independent School District
- Warren County School District
- Westerns Public Radio
- Barren River Area Child Advocacy Center, Inc
- City of Bowling Green Fire Department
- Girls Incorporated of Bowling Green
- Bowling Green-Warren County Humane Society
- Lifeskills, Inc
- Bowling Green Western Symphony OrchestraFamily Enrichment Center, Inc
- Junior Achievement of South Central Kentucky
- CASA of South Central Kentucky, Inc
- Bowling Green Kentucky Kids on the Block
- American Red Cross-South Central Kentucky Chapter
- Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce
- Disabled American Veterans of Kentucky
- Bowling Green Techincal College-Adult Education
- City of Bowling Green Police Department
Join the Treasure Hunt
In addition to being a partner for America’s entrepreneurs, SAM’S CLUB offers a treasure hunt shopping experience complete with an extensive inventory of more than 4,000 affordable luxury merchandise including house wares, food, electronics and quality jewelry pieces—featuring brand names such as Godiva, Sony, Waterford and Tag.
Regular Club hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Gold Key Hours for business members are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
SAM’S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation’s largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM’S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 47 million entrepreneurs and consumers.
# # #