New Sam’s Club To Generate More Than $1 Million In Sales Tax Revenue For City Of Albuquerque
Grand opening activities will include ribbon cutting ceremony with more than $34,000 in charitable contributions.
Albuquerque, N.M.–January 26, 2006 –Entrepreneurs throughout the City of Albuquerque have been on pins and needles in anticipation of the opening of an all new SAM’S CLUB, located at 1421 N Renaissance Blvd. NE, which will serve small business owners throughout Bernalillo County. The Club will commemorate the occasion with a special ribbon cutting this Thursday, January 26, at 9:30 a.m. Grant recipients, local dignitaries, and enthused small business owners are all expected to join the more than Club associates, small business owners and local dignitaries in the festivities.
“We are in business for small business and businesses in Albuquerque will play an integral part in our success,” said Kevin Judge, general manager at the Albuquerque SAM’S CLUB. “The quality luxury merchandise and additional benefits we offer help to ensure that small businesses in the community continue to thrive for years to come.”
The Albuquerque SAM’S CLUB will feature several departments including, Tire and Batteries, Café, 1 Hour Photo, wireless connection center, bakery, optical, pharmacy, floral, jewelry, frozen foods, fresh produce, choice meats, car wash and gasoline station.
SAM’S CLUB provides a range of additional small business services and benefits that help entrepreneurs increase productivity and profitability, including:
- Gold Key hours that reserve the entire Club exclusively for business members to shop before normal operating hours.
- Business services, including payroll, insurance, and retirement planning that simplify administration and financial management tasks.
- Click ‘n’ Pull and Fax ‘n’ Pull is express ordering that allows members to order online at samsclub.com or place their orders via fax. Orders placed by 5 p.m. will be pulled and ready for pickup by 7 a.m. the following day. This added service provides members convenience and is used largely by business members as a time savings benefit.
Becoming a Vital Member of the Community
The new SAM’S CLUB location is expected to generate additional sales tax revenue for the City of Albuquerque. Additionally, through its charitable giving initiative, the company is committed to making a positive impact on the communities it serves. During the ribbon cutting ceremony, Club associates will contribute more than $34,000 to area non-profit organizations through the company’s Good.Works. community involvement program.
Albuquerque Good Works Grant Recipients
- United Way of Central New Mexico
- ARCA Foundation
- University of NM Foundation
- Albuquerque Rescue Mission
- Families Plus
- Boys and Girls Club - Heights Branch
- Joy Junction
- Lupus Foundation - NM Chapter
- New Mexico Aids Services
- New Mexico Teen Pregnancy Coalition
- Sun Country Junior Golf Foundation
- Belen Consolidated Schools
- Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundation
- Greater Albuquerque Habitat for Humanity
- La Familia, Inc.
- Womens Economic Self-Sufficiency Team Corp
- City of Albuquerque Fire Department
- City of Albuquerque Fire Department Gerald Cline Substation
- Career Guidance Institute
- Albuquerque Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Join the Treasure Hunt
In addition to being a partner for America’s entrepreneurs, SAM’S CLUB offers a treasure hunt shopping experience complete with an extensive inventory of more than 4,000 affordable luxury merchandise including house wares, food, electronics and quality jewelry pieces—featuring brand names such as Godiva, Sony, Waterford and Tag.
Regular Club hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Gold Key Hours for business members are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
SAM’S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation’s largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM’S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 47 million entrepreneurs and consumers.
# # #