Bentonville, Ark., October 25, 2007 – Sam’s Club is giving luxury shoppers a reason to celebrate this holiday season with an exclusive jewelry collection estimated at more than $2 million, including a stunning and incredibly rare 8.75-carat Asscher cut diamond ring for $347,368. The ring and other “wow” jewelry is available online at samsclub.com with an assortment of complementary pieces also in Clubs nationwide.
“Our team and suppliers tracked down the season’s must-have diamonds, gemstones and pearls,” says Tina Corley, senior diamond buyer, Sam’s Club. “We’ve taken the best looks from the runway to the red carpet and turned them into real possibilities at Sam’s Club prices for our Members.”
To demonstrate the company’s dedication to offer its Members the very highest quality and value, Sam’s Club is offering exclusively two “Important Jewels” and several one-of-a-kind pieces this holiday season. "Important Jewels" is an industry term for diamonds and jewelry so impressive that they are rarely seen outside of famous jewel salons and world renowned auction houses. Sam’s Club is offering the following guaranteed to enthrall even the most sophisticated shopper.
• Asscher Cut Diamond Ring: A magnificent 8.75-carat Asscher Cut diamond, Color G, Internally Flawless (as graded by GIA), flanked by two large heart-shaped diamonds totaling 3.50 carats in a handmade platinum mounting. $347,368.
• Square Emerald Cut Drop Earrings: Two 5-carat Square Emerald cut diamonds (GIA graded H, VVS2) dropping from 5 carats of fancy shape diamonds all hand-crafted in platinum. The earrings total 15.22 carats and would be virtually impossible to replicate in this cut and quality. $210,256.
• Journey Earrings: One-of-a-kind 12.36-carat graduating stones similar to red carpet bling at the 2007 Emmy Awards. $313,829
• Glamorous Gemstones: One-of-a-kind for special occasions and everyday including a 23.80-carat Tourmaline pendant $6,142.97; 9.80-carat Aquamarine ring $9,937.87; and a 14-carat Aquamarine pendant $11,370.
These and other special pieces are available for preview online at samsclub.com and due to their one-of-a-kind status will become available to Sam’s Club Members to purchase on Thursday Nov. 8 at noon CST.
The jewelry theme this holiday is versatile elegance. It’s all about adding a touch of elegance to every look – jewelry to complement a pair of classic dark jeans and a crisp white shirt to a smashing silk dress.
Corley adds, “More and more people are discovering the quality and value of Sam’s Club jewelry regardless of their budget. It’s not uncommon to save approximately 30 to 50 percent on general merchandise at Sam’s Club, and that includes jewelry.” In locations nationwide, Sam’s Club is pleased to highlight some of the hottest jewelry gifts this holiday.
• Inspiring Shapes…The diamond journey necklace features a unique shape, demonstrating timeless devotion. It’s jewelry that tells a story in the most elegant way. Carat weights and sizes vary from 1/4 carat at $196 to the 3 carat at $5,296.
• Everyday Drama…Regal 10.5 x 8MM Black Tahitian Pearl Strand with 18k white gold clasp turns the traditional, special occasion jewel into an everyday staple. Price: $2,625.
• Clean, Fresh Color…Aquamarine and diamond accent ring features a 2.25-carat cushion-cut aquamarine, prong set in 14K white gold, accented by brilliant round diamonds. It’s color that’s fresh and stunning. Price: $520
• Personal Beauty…Sam’s Club can also arrange special jewelry orders.
To assist gift-givers shopping for diamond lovers, Sam’s Club offers the all-important “Four C’s” as a guide and explained by the Gemological Institute of America. ***
1. Color - The most important thing to keep in mind about diamond color is: the less, the better. Diamonds are graded by their relative lack of color.
2. Clarity - This is directly related to how rare the diamond is; a flawless diamond is considered extremely rare. Internally Flawless (IF) is the clarity grade for flawless and I3 is the grade for a diamond that contains inclusions, which may affect brilliance.
3. Cut – Often the most complex aspect of buying a diamond, proportions, symmetry and finish are all taken into account. The three major sections of a diamond are the crown, girdle and pavilion, from top to bottom. The cut of these parts and the large facet on top of the diamond called the table determine the maximum return of light.
4. Carat - Carats measure the weight of the diamond. A larger diamond is rarer than small diamonds, causing them to cost more per carat.
***Information sourced at http://www.gia.edu/.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club is a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., (NYSE:WMT). The first Sam’s Club opened its doors in Midwest City, Okla., in 1983. Today, Sam’s Club serves more than 47 million U.S. Members with locations nationwide, and in Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Sam’s Club offers exceptional values on merchandise and services for business owners and consumers. Online merchandise and Club information is available at samsclub.com.