Pro Gives Expert Advice to make Entertaining a Snap
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Jan. 21, 2009 – A Big Game party with family and friends is the perfect way to break up the long winter and enjoy great food, company and sports. Sam’s Club Members have a home field advantage when writing their playbook for the Big Game. But, scoring big with guests takes a bit of pre-game planning. This year, Baltimore football wife Shauna Wilcox and Sam’s Club have important tips to help any host be the “Party MVP.”
Sam’s Club has great values on everything the ultimate Big Game host needs to create a championship event. Rookies and seasoned pros alike will find the tips and tools needed to create the best party plays Jan. 29-31 when Sam’s Club hosts its pre-game sampling event. Future Members are welcome and those who join Sam’s Club prior to Feb. 1, 2009 will receive a $10 gift card.
The average Big Game party includes 17 people and Sam’s Club can feed this crowd for less than $6 per person with a 16” Member’s Mark Take ‘N Bake Pepperoni Pizza for $6.88, hot wings with ranch sauce, a croissant sandwich party tray, cheese sticks and a custom football cupcake cake from the bakery. Sam’s Club will demo these items and other Big Game party food including Jumbo Cooked Member’s Mark Shrimp and Rib-eye Steak with Chicago Steak Seasoning during its pre-game sampling event.
Shauna Wilcox, wife of Baltimore Ravens Tight End Daniel Wilcox, and member of Off the Field players’ wives association offers these tips to bring victory home.
- Line of Scrimmage – Start by shopping where you can pick up everything you need in one place – saving you precious game-time prep. Sam’s Club is a simple one-stop-shop for all your party-hosting needs with everything from delicious food and beverages, to electronics, games and more, all at great values.
- Exceptional Performers – Big Game parties primarily focus around one main thing – the TV. Check into a new tube and sound system for optimal game viewing. Sam’s Club has a 52” Samsung 1080p High Definition LCD TV that includes 18 month financing and free technical support for $1997. And, take viewing to the next level with a Samsung Blu-ray Home Theater System for $798.
- Create a Primetime Lineup – Since most guests will be planted in front of the TV for much of the party, feature easy-to-eat foods. Finger foods, such as party trays and pizzas, are great choices to keep guests satisfied from the coin toss to the final seconds of the game.
- Winning Combinations – After the main dishes are set, look for combinations like wings and ranch sauce or bruschetta spread and bagel crisps. Keeping a wide array of food flowing is sure to be crowd pleaser.
- Tackle Thirst – No party is complete without lots of liquid refreshment. Make sure to have plenty of water, soft drinks and other beverages on hand. Get creative and make drinks featuring each teams’ colors. A water cooler also adds a decorative game day touch.
- Guests Play-Callers – Get your guests in on the action and invite party-goers to top their part of a pizza with delicious meats and veggies, or coordinate a “chili bar” where they can add their favorite finishing touches.
- Friendly Competitions – A few games during the Big Game is a great way to keep guests doubly entertained. Fun and easy activities such as asking guests to guess the score at half-time or the first half-time commercial will keep everyone involved – even those who aren’t avid sports-watchers. Have a few small prizes like scratch-off lotto tickets and a larger prize like a gift of Membership to Sam’s Club for game-winners, as well.
For more information and great items to ensure your Big Game party is a success this year, visit your local Sam’s Club or samsclub.com.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club is a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT). The first Sam’s Club opened its doors in Midwest City, Okla., in 1983. Today, Sam’s Club serves more than 47 million U.S. Members with locations nationwide and in Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Sam’s Club offers exceptional values on merchandise and services for business owners and consumers. Online merchandise and Club information is available at samsclub.com.
About Off The Field
Off the Field strives to use our network of women to enrich the lives of those in surrounding communities where we live. We are dedicated to raising funds and creating awareness for local and national charitable organizations that strengthen the family unit