100 Days of Summer Savings and Solutions
BENTONVILLE, Ark., May 20, 2009 –Sam’s Club welcomes summer with the launch of a special membership for $15 to help families and small business owners with savings and solutions during the 100 Days of Summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Sam’s Club plans a series of in club events and is hosting an online resource center at samsclub.com/summer for all its members.
To kick-off the 100 Days of Summer and celebrate the return of the official grilling season, join Sam’s Club for Burger-mania at club locations nationwide May 21-23 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Members and guests can sample Tropical Burgers, as well as other delicious foods that are simple for the at-home chef to execute.
100 Days of Summer Tips
New savings and tips about summer fun for the kids or other ideas will be regularly announced online at samsclub.com/summer and via Twitter at samsclub.com/twitter. Tips include:
- Snip off the ends of licorice sticks and serve with drinks, instead of straws. It is a sweet treat without anything to throw away.
- Roll-up big colorful beach towels and put them into large planters around the pool, so a fresh, clean towel is never out of reach for guests. The planters also make great containers for goggles and small pool toys.
- Layer a meal in a large tin can—meat on the bottom, veggies, then seasonings. Cover with foil, and cook over the campfire. Remove from heat with potholders, cool down, and dig-in.
- Make bubbles – mix _ cup liquid dish soap with 1_ cups water and 2 teaspoons of sugar to let the bubbling begin!
- Nature walks are not only good exercise, but also learning opportunities. Bring along a bird-watching book and bug-catcher for hands-on discovery.
“You don’t have to break the bank or cut quality to entertain at home this summer,” says Debi Lily, owner of A Perfect Event in Chicago, a Sam’s Club member and party planner for the stars. “It’s easy to turn any backyard into the neighborhood hot spot. Potluck parties are trendy and everyone on the guest list pitches in by bringing a side dish. Create opportunities for guests and kids to show their creativity with a talent show or break out a karaoke machine. And don’t stop with just entertainment; think through the whole experience with fresh popcorn and require show tickets.”
Take it on the Road
Sam’s Club also provides everything for road trips, from portable electronics to snack foods. Its bakery prepares fresh baked desserts daily. Chips, snacks and other goodies in convenient travel sizes can be found throughout the club. Health conscious choices, including fresh cut carrots and celery sticks, are available as party trays or in travel packages.
Details about Summer Membership
The Sam’s Club $15 Membership for 100 days of Summer at 15 cents per day is available for purchase for a limited time between May 20 and June 7, during regular club hours and extends to new Advantage and Business members. Annual membership fees start at $35.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club is a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT). The first Sam’s Club opened its doors in Midwest City, Okla., in 1983. Today, Sam’s Club serves more than 47 million U.S. Members with locations nationwide and in Brazil, China, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Sam’s Club offers exceptional values on merchandise and services for business owners and consumers. Online merchandise and Club information is available at samsclub.com.