Bentonville, AR – August 7, 2009 --Sam’s Club has been informed of a USDA recall of Cargill Meat Solutions Ground Beef Products.
Below is the list of recalled items that would have been purchased between the time period of June 16, 2009 through and including July 8, 2009.
- 90% GROUND BEEF COV MAX 10% FAT with a UPC of 0021209400000
- 90% GROUND BEEF COV MAX 10% FAT with a UPC of 0021200200000
- 90%GROUND BEEF PATTY MAX 10% FAT with a UPC of 0021200300000
- GROUND BEEF MAXIMUM 10% FAT with a UPC of 0029200200000
- MAXIMUM 10% FAT REDUCED PRICE PATTY with a UPC of 0029200300000
- 90% GROUND BEEF MAX 10% FAT/CASE ONLY with a UPC of 0021204700000
The recall affected 94 Sam’s Club locations in 10 western states (AZ; AK; CA; CO; ID; MT; NM; NV; UT and WY).
Members can return recalled Cargill Ground Beef Products to any club for a full refund. Questions should be directed to Cargill Meat Solutions consumer hotline at (877) 872-3635.
Food safety is a top priority at Sam's Club. As soon as we were made aware of the USDA's concerns, we took immediate action and worked with the supplier and clubs. We are reviewing our records and contacting members who may have purchased this product. Sam's Club is honoring all returns of this product and if members have additional questions or concerns they can contact Cargill, Inc. at (877) 872- 3635.