Bentonville, AR – Dec. 22, 2009 – Sam’s Club is expanding its wine, spirits and beer department by adding the category to its growing and popular order-ahead program Click n’ Pull. Beginning today, there are more than 1,000 items to choose including wines from around the world. With the addition of the items on samsclub.com, members may also submit product reviews to share their feedback on these items with others.
Click n’ Pull allows Sam’s Club members to shop by club location and order ahead choosing from thousands of items for work or home. Orders placed by 5 p.m. can be picked up the following day. Sam’s Club anticipates offering approximately 3,000 wine, beer and spirit items via the online ordering service once complete early next year.
“Consumers are using the web more and more to research product and to buy directly for convenience,” said Mark Kenny, senior director, Merchandising at Sam’s Club. “We are excited about being able to make our wine, spirits and beer offering more accessible to our members and to give them relevant information about the product or ratings from others.”
Most Sam’s Club locations that offer wine, beer or spirits will be able to offer the product on Click n’ Pull. While membership is not required to purchase wine, beer and spirits at Sam’s Club locations, the use of Click n’ Pull is exclusive to members only. The category is accessible at samsclub.com under the Click ‘n’ Pull tab and grocery section featured as alcohol. Members must first select the Club they wish to shop prior to seeing the alcohol items.
Sam’s Club wine buyers recommend the following items generally available:
- Beviamo Moscato D' Asti -- sparkling crisp wine best with desserts
- VEO Grande Cabernet Sauvignon – Chilean cab that pairs well with Italian fare and grilled beef
- Zarpado Malbec – Recent addition from Argentina, great with grilled meats
- Cook's Brut – economical choice for celebrations
- Angove Red Belly Black Shiraz – Wine Spectator awarded 87 pts Australian favorite pair with red meat or pasta
- Greg Norman Cabernet-Merlot -- 2006 Wine Enthusiast 89 pts., pair with red meat or poultry
- Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay – Pairs well with poached salmon, crab cakes or lemon herb chicken
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club is a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., (NYSE:WMT). The first Sam’s Club opened its doors in Midwest City, Okla., in 1983. Today, Sam’s Club serves more than 47 million U.S. Members with locations nationwide, as well as in Brazil, China, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Sam’s Club saves its members on average 30.4 percent over grocery and specialty retailers by offering superior values on quality merchandise and services for home or work. Saving is made simple at Sam’s Club. Visit samsclub.com for more information.
# # #