Sam’s Club, the nation’s eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club, announced today starting November 21, all Club locations across the country will offer special extended hours to help make holiday shopping an easy and pleasant experience. Sam’s Club has also developed holiday shopping tips and information to help members stay informed and organized during the busy holiday season. Download the Sam’s Club Holiday Hours Shopping Calendar here.
“The holidays can be a hectic time of year, so to help make the shopping experience a bit easier, Sam’s Club is expanding its shopping hours and offering great deals on the season’s most popular gifts,” said Marybeth Cornwell, senior vice president, Home and Apparel at Sam’s Club. “Sam’s Club is also hosting exclusive in-Club events throughout the season for members to provide tips, solutions and inspiration to make their family gatherings memorable."
Holiday Shopping at Sam’s Club
To ensure that members are informed about Sam’s Club activities during the holiday season, outlined below are answers to Club members’ most commonly asked questions.
- What are Sam’s Club’s hours during the holiday season?
To make holiday shopping even more convenient for members, Sam’s Club will be open during the following hours through Dec. 31, 2010:
- Nov. 21 – Dec. 18:Monday through Friday, Gold Key and Early Shopping Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and regular Club hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sam’s Club will be open on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Sundays through Dec. 12, Sam’s Club will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Nov. 25 (Thanksgiving Day):All Clubs will be closed, but SamsClub.com is available 24 hours a day with hot deals on the latest gifts.
- Nov. 26 (Day After Thanksgiving):Sam’s Club will be open exclusively for members during the annual “Day After Thanksgiving” Event between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m., where they can get access to dozens of special items as well as a complimentary breakfast. Non- members are welcome to join that day or visit at 10 a.m. A 10 percent service fee applies to nonmember purchases. Sam’s Club closes at 9 p.m.
- Dec. 20 – Dec. 23:Sam’s Club will be open to all members from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve): Sam’s Club will be open to all members from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 25 (Christmas Day):All Clubs will be closed.
- Dec. 26:Sam’s Club will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 27 – Dec. 30:Sam’s Club will be open from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve):Sam’s Club will be open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day):All Clubs will be closed.
- What is Sam’s Club’s Day After Thanksgiving Event?
In addition to opening all Clubs at 5 a.m., Sam’s Club will serve free hot coffee and breakfast to members and offer great values on dozens of selected holiday gifts ranging from electronics to apparel to jewelry, available exclusively to Sam’s Club members. Leading up to the “Day After Thanksgiving” Event, Sam’s Club will send e-mail alerts to give members a sneak peak on special holiday items.
- What is the hottest gift for the holidays?
This year, some of the most popular purchases include home entertainment, electronics and food items as consumers continue to spend time at home with family and friends. Throughout the holiday season, Sam’s Club will offer great values on the hottest gifts this season, including designer watches, fragrances, spa and golf gift cards and video games for Wii and Nintendo DS.
- What are some ways to make holiday planning easier?
To keep holiday shopping simple, Sam’s Club recommends the following:
- Start with a List.Whether planning a celebration or searching for the ultimate gift, a list will keep you on track and on budget.
- Get Creative.Bulk items at Sam’s Club make great break-apart gifts that are perfect to give someone you know a little something special.
- Shop Online.Avoid the holiday crowds and shop anytime, 24/7, online at SamsClub.com. Use the Club’s order-ahead services like Click ‘n’ Pull® to order online and have it ready for pick up the next day.
- Stock Up.Warehouse club shopping makes it easy to save time and money, which is especially important during the busy holiday season. Pick up fresh baked cupcakes and drinks for school holiday parties, a new set of premium quality sheets and towels for house guests and fine wine and artisan cheeses for entertaining friends and family.
Join the Conversation Online
Sam’s Club now offers unique ways for members to engage with one another and receive information. Twitter and Facebook users can get the latest news and hot items of the day by following or becoming a fan of Sam’s Club. To find Sam’s Club on Facebook, visit www.facebook.com/samsclub. Tweeters can follow @samsclub and @samsclubdeals to stay up-to-date. For more tips and ideas on how Sam’s Club can make the holidays simpler, visit the Holidays Made Simple site at samsclub.com/holidaysor download the Sam’s Club mobile application, available for iPhone, Android-powered or BlackBerry smart phones to access holiday ideas, product information and more.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club is a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., (NYSE:WMT). The first Sam’s Club opened its doors in Midwest City, Okla., in 1983. Today, Sam’s Club serves more than 47 million U.S. Members with locations nationwide, as well in Brazil, China and Mexico. Sam’s Club saves its members on average 30.4 percent over grocery and specialty retailers by offering superior values on quality merchandise and services for home or work. Saving is made simple at Sam’s Club. Visit samsclub.com for more information.